Friday 2 May 2014

Myopic views of the Pembrokeshire Coast


The Pembrokeshire coast is renowned possibly the world over, so it was great to spend the day there during the Easter break. Inspired by British photographer Jem Southam I wanted to get up close and personal to the landscape, so the shots that I've included here play around with visual perceptions. I took the craggy coastline of the stunning Precambrian and Cambrian rock formations and reduced them to a background feature.

Jem Southam created some great shots of coastal paths, choosing a low angle to capture the texture of the ground. So I attempted the same thing here and hopefully made a coastal footpath far more interesting.



There's a lot more to explore if you're willing (or able) to tear your attention away from the views and I enjoyed seeking out interesting features hidden away in the rugged landscape: 



I also particularly enjoyed getting some alternative angles on the scenery. The Sea Thrift was just coming into flower and provided some great foreground interest to the backdrop. It's interesting to see that the rock formations are still prominent in the shots I took; you just can't get away from their grandeur.




No comments:

Post a Comment